Registration Process and Policies for Events
- Advance registration and payment is required by the deadline indicated on the event registration page
- A $10 fee will be charged for all registrations at the door in addition to the posted registration fee
- CFA Society Toronto only accepts MasterCard, VISA, AMEX and cheques
- Members must login with their CFA Institute account to receive member discount pricing. Completing registration as a guest will not reflect member pricing. If you do not have a CFA Institute account, please click here to create one.
- Non-members registering online for the first time may do so as a Guest or create a CFA Institute account to activate their online user name and password.
- Upon completion of registration, a registration confirmation and a receipt of payment will be sent via e-mail.
- Registration availability at the door is not guaranteed. To reserve a space, please register in advance. For Media registration and additional information, contact email@example.com. Restrictions may apply
- Dress Code: Business casual is required - no jeans, runners, shorts, or logo golf shirts are allowed
- By registering for and attending our events or courses, registrants grant permission to CFA Society Toronto (and its designees and agents) to utilize the registrants' image, likeness, actions and statements in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or at, the event (or activities carried on in connection therewith) in any medium or context and to disclose the registrants' name and occupation to persons attending or involved with the events or courses without further authorization or compensation
- Event or course information is subject to change at any time
Cancellations, Refunds & Substitutions for Events
Advance cancellation notice is required for all events. Refunds are provided to individuals who are registered for non-host events with (2) business days prior written notice of cancellation. If another individual is being sent in the place of the registrant, advance notice is preferred to facilitate registration at the event. Notice can be given by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (416) 366-6716
It is at the sole discretion of CFA Society Toronto to reassign seats from "no-shows". "No-show" registrants are defined as a single ticket registrant that does not check-in during the first hour of the event or by the start of the first presentation, whichever occurs first.
Note: No-shows do not apply to guests of table purchasers as we cannot reassign those seats.
Registration, Cancellations or Substitutions for Conferences & Courses
Registration Fee Includes: A copy of conference/course material will be provided.
Cancellation Policy: CFA Society Toronto reserves the right to cancel a conference/course that does not meet the minimum enrollment. In the event a course is cancelled, all registrants will be contacted and 100% of the tuition fees will be refunded.
Advanced written cancellation notice is required. Requests may be e-mailed to email@example.com
or faxed to (416) 366-6716. The refunded amount will be based on when notice is received.
- 10 business days prior to the conference/course - 100% refund will be issued
- 5 business days prior to the conference/course - An administrative fee of 75% of the ticket price will be incurred for cancellations or transfers
- No refunds or transfers will be allowed less than 5 business days prior to the conference/course
- It is at the sole discretion of CFA Society Toronto to reassign seats from "no-shows". "No show" registrants are defined as single ticket registrant that does not check-in during the first hour of the event or by the start of the first presentation, whichever occurs first.
- Note: No-shows do not apply to guests of table purchasers as we cannot reassign those seats.
CFAI states: To maintain and improve professional competence, an important part of our Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct, we recommend members complete a minimum of 20 Continuing Education (CE) credits, including 2 credits in the content areas of Standards, Ethics, and Regulations (SER) each calendar year. For more information on CE qualified topics, please visit the Global Body of Investment Knowledge (GBIK).
One (1) hour of qualifying educational activity = One (1) CE credit (and 1 SER credit, if it falls into the Standards, Ethics, and Regulations (SER) topical area)
Members can attest to completing the recommended credit minimums for the prior calendar year during the online renewal process occurring each spring.
Opinions expressed at CFA Society Toronto events by speakers/presenters do not necessarily represent those of CFA Society Toronto and do not constitute a solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instruments. CFA Society Toronto therefore disclaims any liability arising from the use of information obtained through its events.